Just weeks after the research & development labs at SNAPPS released PandaBear, we are introducing Flippr (Beta) for Lotus Quickr services for Domino.
Where PandaBear is aimed at end users for uploading, downloading and locating files from/to your Quickr server, Flippr is aimed at administrators. The application makes everyday Quickr admin tasks a breeze. Some of the functions that you can accomplish with Flippr are:
- Lock and unlock places
- Create and remove places
- Archive places
- Add persons and groups to places
- Rename person and groups in places
Flippr is using a friendly interface including type ahead for selecting places, people and/or groups from the server or LDAP directory. It also features three intuitive screens.
- On the Commands screen, you get tree-style navigation of the most common QPTool commands.
- On the XML screen you create your own XML to upload to the server. For the advanced cases where you want to do send in many commands at the same time.
- On the Settings screen, set up your connection to server(s), check for updated versions and check the latest release notes.
Designed on the Adobe Air framework, Flippr runs on Windows, Mac or Linux using the same application code. Just as PandaBear, Flippr features automatic check for newer version and will download and install it with a one click operation.
Flippr is free during beta, and is not time-locked or disabled in any way. Post-beta plans are still under consideration.