You can read more details in the Change Log, Release Notes and Porting Guides.
Here are some of the improvements.
- An easy to use and significantly improved Dojo API Viewer with some seriously great features, including the ability to easily find the original definition of a method that is “mixed-in”
- A growing collection of demos, tutorials, and articles
- A new BorderContainer Dijit, which is a much better way to handle layout-based widgets than SplitContainer and LayoutContainer
- Significant performance improvements to dojo.query and dojo.fx
- Support for Adobe AIR and Jaxer, and updated dojox.flash and dojox.offline APIs
- Major improvements to Dijit infrastructure and widgets
- All around Dijit theme improvements including the CSS structure for themes, refinements to the Tundra theme, re-introduction of the Soria theme, and the newly added Nihilo theme
- DTL, the Django Template Language, is now available for use in widgets with dojox.dtl
- Vector graphics animations
- Additions to DojoX including an analytics package
- Improvements to Dojo Data and RPC, and support for JSONPath
- Many improvements to the build system including CSS optimization, multiple-versions of the Dojo Toolkit co-existing in the same document, and other great tools for optimizing performance
On top of these there are over 800 improvements, bug fixes and enhancements. Way to go and a big congratulations to the Dojo Toolkit team. Head over to the site and download now.