Many of you have requested that I publish the sample database I used for the Faster Ajax with Domino and JSON speed test. I posted the article back in March and I should have done this a long time ago.
All documents/notes has been deleted from the Domino database to save some space and bandwidth on my server. If you want to run the tests yourself on your server you need Firebug so it can calculate the time it took for the XHR (XMLHttpRequest) to run. If you just want to check out the code, feel free to do so.
All code are in two Domino Pages: TestJSON and TestXML
- Download [download#4#nohits] and put it on your server.
- Open it up in Notes.
- Create a few dummy documents by selecting Create/TestForm.
- Copy & Paste the dummy documents many times so that you have a lot of them.
- Browse to: your_server_and_directory/XML_JSON.nsf/TestXML?OpenPage for the XML version.
- Browse to: your_server_and_directory/XML_JSON.nsf/TestJSON?OpenPage for the JSON version.